Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Getting really close

Still a few details to go, and bottom paint.  And a lot more details.  But very close to see the water now.
(PS sorry about the poor light conditions, but the pictures were taken 11:23 pm.)

Monday, May 26, 2014

Getting closer

So - I need to gather a bunch of people to help me assemble the boat again.  Hopefully this week-end.

Modifying second float bow

This was written some time around easter, but I did not succeed in publishing it.

I never got around to collect any objective data on how my new float bow performed last year.  All available time was put in to sailing, and I never even got my instruments calibrated.  However, no adverse effect was sensed, no significant difference in the tendency to nose dive, but I had a definite feeling that the boat retrieved much better from nose dives.  So now it's time to make my self a symmetric trimaran again.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Extending workshop, enjoying Aurora Borealis

Due to the need for a larger workshop to finish my friend's mast, we started an extension last year, but the progress have been extremely slow.  However, the concrete for the floor will come tomorrow, new wall are now isolated, and lights are mounted.  This means that the modification of the second float bow will start soon.

Last years sailing season was extremely short for me, and hence, sailing will be prioritized over modifications to the boat this year, and the C-foils may have to wait another year.  Further progress will decide.

Insulation and levelling.  Ready to pour concrete.

When I got home tonight, I was entertained by a beautiful aurora borealis.  Did not have a camera at hand able to capture it.

Monday, September 23, 2013


Sunday I was out sailing with my regular crew Vegar and two new potential crew members, eager to learn sailing. We were crossing the fjord a couple of times. We had a GoPro on the float deck, the result can be seen here

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

On the water. Brief update.

While waiting for the epoxy to cure, I started to make the main hull ready.  Beams back on.

Jib furler line in Silas' new fairlead

Daggerboard control line cleat blocked up with a piece of UHMWPE.

Engine bolted to the new engine bracket.

Everything while the epoxy skimming coat was curing

And then the two coats of primer

With great help from good friends we were able to put the boat together again on Thursday night August 22

During Friday night and the small hours of Saturday, the boat was launched and most of the necessary equipment was refitted. I was pushing hard these days as the annual local distance race "Ytterøya rundt" started in the morning of Saturday August 24. Still the largest race in our part of the country, although have been suffering very light conditions over the last few years.  Last year we were the only boat to finish the course. This year 43 boats participated, of which only 3 boats reached the first rounding due to the glassy conditions, most of the time no detectable movement in the air at all, but half a knot of favourable current.  I ended about 100m from the mark when the race was called off.  A beautiful day though, just like summer in fact.

Ytterøya rundt Aug 24 2013