Monday, November 23, 2009

Pop top continued

I made up the mold for the front end of the pop top using a piece of a flexible cabinet backing plate covered in packaging tape and four pieces of MDF attached to the table.  Rounded the corners using pieces of tape.

 Here is a close up of the front end inside laminate

Here the HD inserts for tracks being glued in

Test fitting the untrimmed and unlaminated pop top:

I also trimmed the anchor well hatch to make it ready for external lamination

Fairing the pop top and laminating these pieces will be next on the list.  Meanwhile, I have started to prepare a workshop at home, as the progress is suffering tremendously as I rarely can leave home for extended periods with a new baby (and tired wife) at home. I will hopefully be able to work on the rest of the smaller parts in this workshop.  I don't think I will get the molds for the foils however, as it has taken about a year now, and I have to start building soon...
bla bla bla

No comments: