Rounding it off to the best of my ability
And filling the transition to the original hull with epoxy/micro-balloons
Laminating, using a 300gsm 2x2 twill carbon fabric. Conservatively wetted out and vacuum to make sure no bubble trouble
The port float had several cracks from the storm last fall. I turned out, however, that the hybrid lay up I used is very durable. Except for two places, the cracking was only in the fairting compound, and the laminate was only dented. No internal delamination either. I just sanded with my pressured air angle grinder at 22000 rpm and coarse disc until kevlar fibres were lifting from the bottom of the site. Then laminating over with 300gsm carbon. Vacuum.
Filling the dents
Round one: Filling the lows