Sunday, November 11, 2007

Unvoluntarily stop in building progress

The last couple of months, regular episodes of overflow in the workshop, technical problems with the heater, illness and lots of work have been the story.

Almost every available minute for building has instead been used for damage control. I'm sick of it and I am now looking for different solutions regarding workshop. One possibility is to fill up the workshop with concrete to a level where water intrusion is not possible. Another is to make a 2 m extension and isolate my garage, the advantage would be to work at home, the major disadvantage would be the lower ceiling, creating a problem regarding first main hull half storage. Third possibility is to rent another workshop. I'm not sure what to do, but I will most likely not be able to do any building until 2008 no matter what I choose.

3 comments:

biol said...

Hi Tor, I'm sorry for your trouble ! I'm sure you'll find a solution soon.

Working at home is a great advantage, IMHO, and maybe you can store the first main hull half elsewhere ...

Here in Italy to obtain permission to modify your home is a big trouble, lot of burocracy !

I wish you the best

Biol

Ed said...

Good luck - Don't give up!

Are you able to at least do some of the "smaller" projects at home while looking for a place to do the hull? That would at least keep you building and progressing on the boat.

Tor Rabe said...

Thank you for your supportive comments, I must admit I have been in a bad mood at a few occasions lately.

It seems I will go for upgrading my existing workshop (once again). Could not find ideal location elsewhere on short notice, and building home will probably take several months including bureaucracy which is doable, did it a couple of years ago.

I could build small parts at home, and have considered doing that, but that would mean bringing a lot of stuff back and forth. I think it is better to spend time intensively to fix the workshop.