Then the big fill
I will finish the area below waterline later, when the boat can be suspended from the ceiling, or rolled over, for better access.
Started to fill the engine mount
Fixing rudder case damages from the storm
Settee backs taped. Still some details to sort out regarding water, laptop workstation, and heater. I've come to the conclusion that my Wallas two burner stove with the fan lid is just too big for this boat and it will be put up for sale. I'm not, however, certain with regards to what to use in stead, but I tend to think good heating is far much more important than excellent cooking abilities.
I think I made a bit too tight fit at the compression pads on the front beams. This lead to the dismounting of both pieces when rigging the boat with unfamiliar crew last summer. Being epoxy glued back on.
Water ballast. The space below the swim step is roughly 50 liters, and looks like this from the inside.
I will put in two bailers in this area, one mounted the wrong way to provide filling. The holes in the bulkhead will have to be closed somehow, I don't know how yet. Controls for the bailers will be led trough the swim step and to a point under the traveller. The tape shows the position of one of the bailers on the outside, just above unloaded waterline
I removed the inside skin and the foam in this area plus about a cm. Then 7 layers of 300 gsm glass was epoxied to the outer skin.
Then a HD filler is used to fill the rest of the excavated area. For some, to me uncomprehensive reason, Google insist on turning this picture on the side.
Well, that's about it for now.