Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Float shaping

Today I glued on the bow caps, fixing them with straps to the chain plate while curing.


Then I started forming the deck to side radius, first making the major cut away with this machine, which English name is unknown to me. I call it an "elektrisk høvel".


Proceeding with several of the tools shown below, the PVC-tube sanding board now equipped with 60 grit paper glued to it using "Kontaktlim":



Inner radius formed. I had to be careful not to remove parts of the seating for the hatch, and it was a bit tricky to make a smooth shape due to the chain plate but I was satisfied with this side in less than an hour.


Then the same procedure on the outer side, not being complicated by a chain plate and it was quite pleasant work as the result became obvious with quite modest efforts.


Overview of starboard float deck:


I expect further progress tomorrow.

No comments: