Friday, September 09, 2011

Almost ready for more sailing

I made the modified brummel splices to the side lines. A little bit shorter tapers than the 36 times rope diameter, but if this weakens the Dynex by 50 % (which I doubt) it will still have a safety margin of 3 to the design specs. These lines will not let the pole move sideways.  I have not yet tried the spin from the pole and are looking forward to this week end's sailing.

The gooseneck getting a deck flange

The allways light summer is over. Nav lights need to be fitted.

This is for the GPS.  The only instruments I have used so far is a piece of wool yarn in each shroud and an iPad.

The safety compartment is now closed. 

No comments: