Saturday, March 01, 2008

Challenges when doing vacuum infusion

Here are some pictures I took during the infusion of what was meant to be the main bulkhead, as well as some smaller parts for the main hull.

The infusion went on with no problems, but it must have been a small leak, supposedly from the table itself, that allowed too much resin to be sucked out before cure. The fibers are fully saturated, but I fear for poorer bonding to the distance material and following delamination.

I got my new table surface today, it seems it has traveled quite a distance...

I am now preparing the table for the laminate. I will also have to add 5 cm of with to the table in order to take advantage of the full size of the laminate.

Really busy days though, have only been able to spend about two hours on boat building this last week...

No comments: