Sunday, May 06, 2007

Got the stuff

I got all the merchandise I was supposed to pick up in Oslo, don't know how much I have to pay yet though. Here is some of it, epoxy for infusion and for hand lay up and a few buckets of fairing compound:
I also picked up a roll of 200 g carbon twill 2x2 (100 m^2), RDM, foam core for the main hull, hatches and inspection hatches.

The second carbon tube turned out close to perfect, by the way. It was very easy to pull it off the PVC tube. It will make two perfect "half pipes" for net attachment. The lay out was like I have tried to show in this scetch:
I will be working a lot the next couple of weeks (including week ends) and I am not sure I will be able to do much, but I hope I will be able to infuse hull outsides by the end of the month. I will then use one layer of 200g carbon covered by one layer 240g carbon/kevlar.

No comments: