Thursday, September 20, 2007

Finished laminating floats

Today I finished the float exterior lamination. Uneventful really, except I found a bubble when I went back to the workshop a few hours later. I managed to squeeze all the air out and I expect a very good laminate taken into consideration no vacuum was applied. I start feeling so confident with my hand laminating technique now that I seriously consider not bothering to lay up the main hull foam air tight. Still considering that is. If I was to use thicker fabrics I would tend to use vacuum, also if the hull was larger, as this size is about the biggest I can manage in a wet lay up without any helping hand, I guess.

No pictures today, I guess you have seen it already. The only distinct difference is the placement of the chain plate being on port side of this one.

I am currently trying to figure out the best way to set up for post curing. 50 deg Celsius for 16 hour is the least recommended post cure scheme to obtain excellent properties of the epoxy.

No comments: