Monday, November 10, 2008

Cockpit floor and some more

I removed the peel ply in the cockpit floor attachment zone, leaving a clean textured surface ready for further lamination:


The floor, cut a bit oversized and trimmed back to fit (because of the angled attachment surface). Peel ply removed along the edge.


Rather than attaching with the hot glue gun I clamped it in place, also allowing for a little bit of hull shape adjustment:


Then I re infused the starboard main bulkhead


Before taping in the cockpit floor, leaving the underside for the next session


And the main bulkhead front side:


I need to make the aft cockpit front bulkhead, the aft bulkhead, the front bunk and the aft bunk before any significant further progress. I am not sure that I have enough carbon for all these panels, I am planning a shopping trip to Oslo on December 5th. I'm sure I will find something to do in the mean time anyway.

No comments: