Monday, February 21, 2011

Mould repairs

I cleaned up the mould, and the damage didn't look that terrible.  Several fields of dry, hairy glass though, so I decided to re saturate the surface with epoxy.  Covered with peel ply to keep it where it was needed.

The epoxy filled quite a bit and not much left for fairing compound after removing the peel ply.

After sanding back the epoxy coat, I filled with SP S'Fair 600.  Sanded down to 600 grit and re applied Chemlease mould sealer.  Ready for wax and the last infusion.  But first I have to make new halyard exit recess moulds and come up with a better way to attach them.

No comments: